Monday, February 2, 2009

Motion Picture Joy

I've found my latest time-waster. We recently re-joined Netflix after several years off. The new features are so great! It is better than ever at recommending films based on your prior choices, much like Amazon, my other media fetish. Better yet, many films are available instantly via streaming video. Now Bill will tell you the streaming movies aren't the newest blockbusters, but more older stuff, indies and foreign flicks. Kinda made for me, in other words.
Now in addition to Ragtag, our cool local theatre that shows great smaller-budget and foreign stuff, and which I get to go to more often now because Jordan likes to go with me, there is an endless array of Lisa-films at our fingertips. This coincides with our finally replacing our old computer with a new Dell that includes a good-sized Samsung monitor and decent streaming capabiity.
So today, I called Mom down and we wrestled the loveseat into the computer room (dining room to you traditionalists) and enjoyed Arranged, a very fun movie about arranged marriages for two modern girls in New York. Of course, we could invest in a Tivo or similar device that would stream the movies over to our TV, but first i have to convince Bill there are more than Lisa-flicks to be seen. Until then, I will be computing from the loveseat, with Cody stretched out behind me providing excellent lumbar support.

No comments: