Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Big Trouble

Last night Ethan was roughhousing around and I said (not sure why) that if he didn't stop he would be in deep doo-doo. As I inwardly shook my head at that word choice, Lainey's face lit up and she said "that means big trouble!". Yes, Lainey, that's what it means.
Two nights ago Lainey had barely started her dinner when she pulled up her shirt, rubbed her belly dramatically, and said "I'm getting really full". We're in a phase when dinner is a hit or miss proposition for her, so I immediately tried to head her thought process off at the pass, saying "Lainey, you have barely touched your food, you have to eat before you're excused." With that too-quick-for-a-3-year-old-mind, she said "Did I ask to be excused? No, I only said I'm full." Well pardon me, miss big britches, but I'm pretty sure that was gonna be next.

No comments: