Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Ethan's Six!!

Today is Ethan's sixth birthday. He lobbied for a home day so he could play, but we were mean and said no. He didn't mind too much though. Last night my Mom and Harlan were here for a quick stop on their way to my aunt's house in Tennessee, so we went ahead and had a birthday meal and gave him his main present from us. That worked out well anyway since the present was a guinea pig that I had picked up that afternoon. It was a little scared at first but Ethan got to hold her for a bit, brushed her and fed her carrots and hay from his hand. Of all the pets I've had, I've never had what I would term a rodent, but she's even growing on me.
We're having a cake tonight and treats at school tommorrow since his teacher is gone today. Then this weekend we're hoping to have a few friends over for a cookout (barring continued Gustav rain). Added to last weekend's cake and presents in Nebraska, Ethan's having quite an extended celebration. All I want to know is; where did six years go?

No comments: