Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Love Those Kolaches!

Today I am picking my way gingerly about the house, stopping now and then to stretch my lower back, and praying quite earnestly that one of those drop-you-to-the-ground white hot lightning bolts of pain doesn't shoot from my SI joint. This after being so thrilled with physical therapy and following that up with weekly pilates with my friend/physical therapist Kim who incidentally is a rocking fun horse woman as well.
So where do kolaches fit in this story? Well, I was thinking about pilates and it reminded me of a story I never put on here....At the beginning of the school year Jordan and I went to a night at her school where kids walk parents through their class schedule, and teachers give a brief talk about their respective classes. The last class was P.E. While waiting for the teacher to begin, Jordan told me some things they had been doing in class. On a few rainy days, she said they had fun doing this kolaches stuff. Kolaches? I asked. "Describe that to me". "You know, where you get on the floor and do stretches and things". "Do you mean pilates?". "Yeah, that's it! So what is kolaches?". "Those little rolls Grandma Husa makes with fruit in them." "Oh, Yeah!".
Leave it to the Czech girl to have kolaches on her mind.

No comments: