Thursday, August 14, 2008

Lainey's New-World Dictionary

Alaina can hold her own in conversation with older kids, but still has some of those cute manners of using language that I want to remember. Grammatically, for example, us and our haven't clicked, so she will say "that's we house", or "we're going to we're house".
There are also several words that she uses in unique ways. Somehow the meaning of the words got a little mangled along the way, so when she throws them into sentences the effect is quite humorous. One is "spicy". I think she uses it like fun or exciting. For example, "I like that kitty, she's cute and spicy". Another is jealous. It seems to mean cool or I guess phat. For example, "Ethan's new shoes are jealous".
The final and perhaps more ironic one is that somehow store became interchangeable with pharmacy. So, Ethan's shoes were from the shoe pharmacy, toys from the toy pharmacy, and last night she wanted to eat at the food pharmacy. Jordan and I like to giggle at these and use them ourselves sometimes. I told Jordan she could use jealous at school and make it the new in word at Jr. High.

No comments: